Some readers have asked me if I have discussion questions for their book group conversations. Here are some to get you started. If you use them, I’d love to know, and if you have other good questions you’d like to share, I’d love to add them.
Mountain of Manhattan Discussion Questions
1. As the book opens, what does Helen want? How does that change?
2. When we meet the Clementine of 1929, what does she want? How does that change?
3. Did any character remind you of anyone?
4. What does Thomas see in Helen?
5. What do you want to happen next? Where would the sequel open?
6. Were there any situations that you could relate to?
7. What feelings did this book evoke in you? Why?
8. What part of the book did you like best? Why?
9. If you could pop into any scene in the book and be a fly on the wall, which one would it be?
10. What’s the main conflict in the book? [man vs. nature, man vs. man, etc]
11. What about Rose? Is she a supporting character or a pivotal character? How does she change over the course of the story?
12. As the book closes, what does Helen want? Has she grown, and if so, how?